Make me an offer!!
This beautiful 21 hectare farm is in Roodekrans in the Crocodile River Reserve. The Reserve has been created as a lifestyle estate, with free-roaming game already. Over time the game will be increased,
At R 2,7 million this farm is fantastic value. And if you want something larger, the adjoining farm is also available at R 2,4 million. Why not buy the two to use for horse trails, weekend retreat, or live on one and rent out the other?
There is a house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large farm kitchen and breakfast area, a large open plan area with 2 lounges, dining room, TV / playroom and an office, plus a laundry and freezer / store room alongside. There is also a small garage and 3 car ports.
Also within the electrified 6 acres is a large pool and a lapa with Magnificent views, and a storeroom and bathroom, plus a wooden cottage with 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and bathroom and a large storage shed.
The property has a borehole with solar powered pump and a 3-phase 100kva power supply. There is a second borehole not currently in use.
The separate staff area has a workshop, 6 rooms and a shower inside an electric fence.
The property has been use for years as an exotic bird breeding operation. There are some 400+ cages woth lorikeets and other birds. The main cages are brick built with roofs and an outside open area. These could easily be converted to stables.
And there is lots more. The property is almost at the end of Gemstone Road so there is virtually no traffic. This is a farm to be enjoyed in peace.
This property is in the Crocodile River Reserve, which has many advantages:
1. There can be no Land Claims. The entire Reserve is protected by Government.
2. There is a management authority (MA) which looks after the reserve, attending to all legal matters (the reserve was gazetted in November 2019 and is a reality). The MA protects the ecosystem in the reserve, ensures that rules are observed and protects the area from land invasions (which is enshrined in the constitution). The MA also represents the interests of the owners/members in all matters.
3. The reserve has the highest biodiversity rating given, which makes it very special. It is primarily pristine grasslands.
4. There are significant tax benefits - the Income Tax Act, section 37 C and D allow owners to offset the value of the land over 25 years. There are no rates on the land, only the improvements (buildings) and maintenance of the land (in order to preserve the reserve can be claimed against income (via a maintenance claim form which is submitted to the MA).
5. Members of the reserve (99 has opted in and may not withdraw) are bound by the constitution. The intention is to protect the ecosystem which means no commercial farming is permitted. Owners are encouraged to allow free movement of game (eland, kudu, impala, duiker, etc), so fencing of the full plot is discouraged. Fencing around the buildings is, of course, permitted, and this could include quite a large area.
The reserve also hosts an annual mountain bike race each year - the Jackal Dash MTB Challenge - which is very popular and there are organised nature walks throughout the year ie geology, scorpions, grasses and flowers, history of the area etc.
What is certain is that land in the reserve will become significantly more valuable over time, so it is an excellent time to purchase a property.
Find even more on Junk Mail by browsing through the similar ads below.