Overview: Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced furniture factory manager to set up and manage a business in an East African country.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Minimum 10 years proven experience operations management experience
• Proven experience of designing, producing, delivering and installing the products.
• Experience of having worked with quality panel processing machinery.
• Managing a work force.
• Staff Management
• Quality control
• Customer satisfaction
Skills and competences
• Set up the new production unit
• Install the machinery
• Carry out trial runs
• Recruit and train production and sales staff
• Plan production with supervisor and ensure schedules are followed
• Check stock availability
• Monitor materials used to ensure quotation quantities are followed
• Ensure compliance with health safety regulations
• Client management and interaction
• Mechanical qualification with an appropriate trade qualification
• Any online certifications will be an added bonus.
• IT literate.
• Conversant with relevant software programmes for board production.
• Experience in sales is an added advantage.
US$550 per month for expenses plus 1 bedroom furnished accommodation plus co vehicle.
Monthly salary (negotiable) paid in US$.